Summer is here, and that means it’s the ideal time to check out live, outdoor music. There’s nothing like being under the stars and listening to your favorite band with a huge crowd. And what better place to seek out music than Texas, with its rich heritage in every genre from country to blues to rock ’n’ roll?
And what goes better with hearing live music than a cocktail, a glass of wine or a pint of your favorite craft beer? Of course, organizers will need to obtain a TABC permit in Dallas, TX before they serve any alcohol. If you’re looking for the best in outdoor music around the state, here are some venues to check out:
- The Golden Light: This Amarillo institution is located off Route 66. This classic is the city’s longest-running restaurant and is popularly known for its hamburgers. Of course, the music performers aren’t too shabby either, and the spot has hosted Joe Ely and the Band of Heathens while catering to Amarillo’s growing independent music scene.
- Fitzgerald’s: Here’s the premier venue in Houston for live acts that doesn’t have any connection to big business. Fitzgerald’s has been around for a full century, previously serving as a Polish community center. It’s a great place to have a few drinks and catch a show.
- The Mohawk: If you’re venturing down to Austin, this spot is a must-see—and must-hear. Austin is nationally known for its music scene, and the Mohawk offers some of the best shows around.
- Gruene Hall: This venue has been around since 1878 and is considered the oldest continuously run dance hall in Texas. It’s been featured in the Onion’s AV Club and even gets a spot in the John Travolta film Weekly concerts offer some big names in music, including Jenny Lewis coming this fall.
- Floore’s Country Store: This Helotes institution has been approved by the Texas Historic Commission as a legendary music venue. Since 1942, patrons have seen and listened to legends like Elvis Presley, Patsy Cline, B.B. King and Bob Dylan.
When you’re looking to secure a TABC permit in Dallas, TX for your venue or restaurant, the trusted name is LaBarba Permit Service. We know the process can be confusing and frustrating, which is why our expert team is here to help you blast through the red tape. We take out the stress and uncertainty of applying for a liquor license. For more than 50 years, we’ve helped clients operate their businesses efficiently and within the bounds of the law.
We help with everything from health permits and lottery licenses to cigarette licenses, alcohol licensing, tax permits and zoning. Our clients include a wide range of convenience stores, grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, bars, lounges, taverns, breweries and dance halls. In other words, we’re here to serve a full range of Texas businesses. Contact us right away to learn more about how we can support your business—we look forward to working with you soon!