TABC has made its final COVID-19 related extension of Cash and Credit Law penalty exemptions. Normal enforcement will resume on April 2, 2021. Cash and credit laws remain in effect.
Per TABC communication:
Upper Tier Members
- Are still required to comply with cash and credit law statutes.
- Are responsible for reporting violations of these statutes.
- Must still pay distributors what they owe before purchasing new alcohol inventory.
- TABC will not penalize retailers that fail to make timely payments for these dates:
- Cash law purchases from March 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021. TABC will begin normal enforcement April 2, 2021, and cash law violations after March 31, 2021 will be ineligible for penalty exemptions.
- Credit law purchases from March 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021, associated with delinquent lists #1794 to #1819. List #1819 for the March 16 – 31 delivery period will be the last delivery period when penalty exemptions are applicable.
There are no additional cash and credit law penalty extensions planned.
Visit the TABC Coronavirus Information page for more information for businesses.