If your establishment serves alcohol, then the odds are pretty good that you also offer a food menu. Because of this, you need to ensure all your employees are properly trained in food and beverage safety. Not only does training protect customers, employees and your business, but it’s the law. Whether you are a new business or have been in the game for years, it’s important that your restaurant staff gets proper food safety training regularly. Let’s see what an experienced beverage licensing agency in Dallas, TX can tell us about food safety:
- Improves quality control: Food safety is one of the most essential parts of food and beverage quality control. When food safety is taken seriously, the quality of the food increases and less food is wasted. Your kitchen and bar will make money, not lose money due to dissatisfied customers sending their orders back and having to throw away poor quality products. With food safety training for your staff, you also improve the reputation of your establishment.
- Protects your business’ reputation: You don’t ever what to be that business that makes the evening news for having made a bunch of customers sick. Food-borne illness outbreaks can have dire consequences for your establishment, especially today with everyone having access to social media. You can save your business’ reputation from damage by scheduling regular food safety training for your entire staff—even those who are stationed at the front of the house. Since your image is important, employees need to know the importance of maintaining sanitation, both when in the back and out on the floor—for example, not scratching their face or wiping hands on a dirty apron, regardless of whether customers can see them.
- Staff members serve customers: Your bar and restaurant staff are the people preparing and serving food and drink orders to customers. As such, staff members must practice safe food handling. This is a way to avoid contaminating food with germs and bacteria.
- Reduces the risk of food poisoning: Harmful bacteria spread quickly during person-to-person interaction. When employees are trained in the safest food and beverage handling practices, the chances of your establishment causing any type of food poisoning or bacterial contamination are reduced.
- Protects customers: While properly training your restaurant staff on food safety protects you and your reputation, it also protects your customers from the risk of food-borne illnesses. For instance, food poisoning can cause serious illness, and even death. It can be caused by a variety of things, such as an employee not washing their hands after using the restroom, or handling raw meat and then touching and serving a plate of prepared food to a customer.
- Staff will have a better understanding of their jobs: Regular food safety training is a way to remind your staff of the importance of abiding by proper health safety practices at work. It also helps them to become more aware of the responsibility the have to protect customers and their coworkers from unhealthy conditions.
Do you have questions about alcohol licenses? Call LaBarba Permit Service today to speak with the experts at our trusted licensing agency in Dallas, TX.