For many business owners and restaurateurs, obtaining the ability to sell or serve alcohol can be a make-or-break moment. Getting permission from the state to sell a controlled substance, however, can be an occasionally challenging task. Thankfully, obtaining a Texas liquor license in Dallas, TX can be easier if you procure assistance from a qualified permit service.
Selling liquor with an improper or out-of-date permit can result in serious legal issues. Don’t get caught with the wrong kind of liquor license in Dallas, TX! Here are the qualifications that applicants must meet to begin filing for a state alcohol permit:
- Be of age: Since you have to be at least 21 years of age to consume liquor, you also must be at least 21 years of age to sell or serve it!
- No felonies: It is impossible to get a Texas liquor license in Dallas, TX if you have been convicted of any felonies in the past five years.
- No violations: Similarly, if you have been found to have violated state alcohol laws in the past two years, you are not eligible to receive a liquor license.
- The common good: Any moral turpitude violations of liquor laws in the past six months will eliminate your chances of receiving a license. Acts of moral turpitude are defined as conduct that is against the common morals of the community.
The process of filing
Filing for a Texas liquor license in Dallas, TX is an extremely delicate and complex process. It is essential that the permit filer understands all the requirements necessary to successfully complete their application:
- Know where to file: In most cases, business owners will file at their local sheriff’s department in order to obtain a Texas liquor license in Dallas, TX. Permitting services can identify the nearest branch or help you determine which law enforcement agency holds jurisdiction over your business.
- File for the correct permit: There are more than 20 different types of liquor licenses that can be obtained in Texas. This means that it is essential for business owners to know exactly what type of permit they will need for their space and their application—filing for an obtaining the wrong permit will leave them in violation of state liquor laws.
- Fill out your forms: This can be one of the most challenging aspects of obtaining a Texas liquor license. Incorrectly filling out any aspect of your forms can result in delays or denial of your application. Contracting the help of a qualified professional is highly recommended.
- Interview appearance: After your forms have been filled out correctly and processed, you will be expected to appear for an interview before your license is issued. A permitting service can help you through this challenging process and ensure that your license is obtained without error.
LaBarba Permit Service has been helping businesses navigate state codes and regulations since 1965. If you are in need of a Texas liquor license in Dallas, TX, reach out to one of our knowledgeable experts today to learn how we can assist you in procuring all the necessary permits that you need to successfully operate your business.